Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cat For Sale

These renovations couldn't possibly have gone off without a hitch, could they?  Well, they might have had it not been for The Evil Ipo.  Now, I'll take cash, trade clay, beads.... whatever.  Probably wind up giving her away free.  This is why.  Man.  :(

Brian and I are placidly watching TV last night when, about 10:30 we hear what sounds like Niagara Falls Pacific coming from our torn apart master bath.  I fly off the couch and into the bathroom where the Evil Ipo is racing out the door, low to the ground as only cats who have perpetrated some terrible crime can do.

Water is pouring out of the wall and flooding the floor.  "Holy shit!" I yell.  Naturally, I don't have on my reading glasses and it's dark in the bathroom so I can't see where the water is coming from so I can stop it.  Luckily, the wonderful Brian finds the lever and shuts it off.  Water is everywhere.

I get out the mop while B goes downstairs to see what havoc the Evil Ipo has wreaked upon the party room directly below our condo.  I know it is not good because, as the concrete floor is torn up and the walls are torn out, I can hear the resident manager and another male voice.  There goes our $1000.00 deposit.  And they think workman might be the cause of damage.  Hah.  Obviously they have never met Ipo.

After a long while B comes back and says the water has flooded the brand new ceiling tiles and soaked the tables and couch and carpeting and is also dripping from the light fixture.   I see dollar signs zipping by so fast I am dizzy.

Luckily, our resident manager is an electrician so he can fix whatever has happened once the water dries up so he doesn't electrocute himself.

Ipo is now sitting on the kitchen counter yelling for her snacks.  She rapidly becomes familiar with the term, "FAT CHANCE!!"  As well as some other choice phrases.

As I write this the little wretch is siting outside the master bath door crying to go in the bathroom.  Once again she hears her new phrase.  She also hears awful things like Kitty Fur Gloves and Kitty Stew.  She also hears the dread words, Humane Society.  And Euthanasia.  And Dog.  She is a kitty living on the edge.  But God loves her and has made he one of the cutest kitties in the universe so I will have to get over my urge to do her in.  Although, to the highest bidder..... she's got herself a new home.  Just keep her away from the plumbing.  :(

Here are pictures so you can see where the little rat got into the wall.  But, aren't they cute playing in our new soaking tub?  Well, Allie is cute.  :(

11 comments:

Pam said...

Dang that cat! And I thought I was the only one these kind of things happen to!
ROFLMAO!!! Pam

Knightwork Studio said...

I would say that Ipo could come visit Fritz but he is in the dog house too. He has been using the woodwork around the hall door as a scratching post... who knew one rotten cat could cause so much damage. Makes me sick every time I look at it. I'm beginning to think stuffed animals is the way to go.

BJ

MoeArt said...

Nope. It happens to me all the time. Ipo. :(

MoeArt said...

I think you're right! Stuffed is good. :) That's a shame about your woodwork. One of my clients dogs ATE the woodwork around the door of his Painted Lady in SF. Can you imagine? They also ate the cover to the jacuzzi. Jeez, I had forgotten about that. Maybe Ipo isn't so bad after all. :D

Melobeau said...

OMG. So exactly HOW did the Kitty from **** manage to cause the deluge? I'm a little unclear and having difficulty seeing Ipo turning on a faucet .......but considering it's Ipo.......

Mary Lamoray said...

Yes, Yes!! Please tell us how the little monster did this evil deed!! :)

FloRaeMe said...

I'm still trying to work it out!

MoeArt said...

OOps, sorry! I thought I had said. I'll go make a new post. :(

Cara Jane (surfingcat) said...

Cats are defininetly a mixed blessing. One of ours has left his mark on our leather sofas (they day after it arrived), our carpets are shredded in several doorways from when they accidentaly get shut in but I wouldn't be without the little furry things. A house with no cat would feel all empty, if perhaps a little more intact!
I hope yours has learnt his lesson!

moeart.blogspot.com said...

Hi Cara, nope, Ipo continues her evil ways. :) She is the epitome of the Curious Cat. Has her cute little nose into everything. And you're right. A home without kitties is VERY empty. And fur free and safe from depredations and floods..... :D

Gayle said...

Oh Moe, how awful. They can't help it tho. I guess we just gotta love them :)