Sunday, May 31, 2009

Eye Shadow and Other Fun Stuff



Using eye shadow on clay is something I've done for a long time. I love the way it looks and there is usually a great selection of colors. So, I was looking at Etsy the other day and found this site. www.colorfuldesigns.etsy.com. Hmmm, maybe it has 2 L's? Anyway, this nice woman named Gail makes all these grand eye shadows and other make up products. She has a sampler packet that is perfect. Not only does it make super color on clay but it is fabulous eye liner! Here are pictures of 2 things I made using Gail's pigments. Now I have to go find the correct spelling of her site and add it to this blog. :D

3 comments:

2 Good Claymates said...

I had some old eye shadows and someone told me to don't throw them out as they work on clay so I've been hanging on to them. I tried them once but didn't seem to show up much -- maybe it was the color of clay I was using it on. Yours look like on transluscent clay -- is that right? They are very beautiful! A much softer effect than using mica powders.

MoeArt said...

Thanks, Carolyn! It's actually Fimo Effect which I LOVE! I think it depends on the color of shadow you use. Pale ones wouldn't show up at all I wouldn't think. Talk to you tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Hi,

I made some pendants earlier and tried my eyeshadow. Had a bit of a problem after I'd baked them, the powder still comes off a little. Any idea's on what to do? xxx