Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pardo and Leaves




Ok, here is a picture of my oak leaf.  The only one that turned out even though the alcohol inks didn't separate.  I read on my clay forum today that someone had great success with their alcohol inks experiment.  :(  I don't know what I did or didn't do.  Poop.  

Anyway, here is a little steam punky heart I made with the new Pardo clay from Germany.  I love this color.  It's called Fire Opal and it's a great color.  

And then I made these cool brass earrings.  I love them!  Probably too long for an old lady but I still like them.  Maybe I will make myself a shorter pair.  

I was also messing around with canes.  WHAT!?  Moi?  Canes?  Oiks.  I will go post them on the forum so everyone can laugh.  :D

5 comments:

Tonja Lenderman said...

I like the inks on the Pardo. Looks fabulous ! The earrings are killer. :)

MoeArt said...

Thanks, T! That fire opal is the most gorgeous color! The gold color is that Precious Metal paint called Cinnamon. I love that stuff! Thanks. I love those earrings, too. :D

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Here, after all the hubbub from that post with the Puce Leaves, I thought they were going to look bad... This leaf is beautiful! Would love to see what you think is ugly!

Would love to try that Pardo clay. Seems interesting!

MoeArt said...

Hey Cindy... the leaf here isn't one of the puce ones. Those are in the garbage where they belong. :) I wish I would have taken a picture so I could show everyone. The puce really was this purply/gray/drab/truly awful color. You know, the kind of color that if you looked at it long enough you'd go leap off a cliff. I'm glad you like the leaf in this picture. I do, too. :D The Pardo is much like any other soft clay altho it is hardy and comes in wonderful colors. It's also very expensive. :(

ColsCreations said...

>> here is a little steam punky heart I made ...

"steam punk". I ran into that term somewhere today and had to come back through your blog, looking for where I knew I'd seen the term before. Then I Googled it. ;) Now I get it. I have to say, I really like the look and it works great on your fire orange heart.