Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Ongoing Nightmare

So, I trots out to the lobby today thinking I will track down The Creep and beard him in his den to find out what is happening with the leaky pipe.  I walk out the door and there he is, standing there.  I say, Hi, Creep!  JUST the guy I'm looking for.  (big smile)  The Creep's natural expression is of the lemon sucking variety so I can't tell if he's just being normal or trying to smile.  Anyway, I ask him what's going on.  :(  You're just gonna LOVE this.  :(

He tells me, Oh, the plumbers don't know if they can fix it. It's an awful mess in there and most likely the building will have to hire pipe fitters to do the work.  Now, this is Hawaii.  Pipe fitters are union.  The chances of getting a union organization here before the Second Coming are exceedingly slim.  I think I will have a torn out wall for the next couple decades.

And me still wineless.  I is most unhappy.  :(

8 comments:

Mary Lamoray said...

oh man..... is moving a possibility??

Melissa said...

{{{Moe}}} I'll send you the moose poop and you can gift it to the Creep as "Alaskan Coffee Beans."

Anonymous said...

No, we don't want to move, WW. This is our last room. We've spent the last 7 years systematically removing everything from the old condo and renovating the whole place. Now we have it the way we wanted it. It would be awful to move. Especially as sales are pitiful now. We love this place and it's doubtful we'd find anything even remotely as nice... or as big. Eventually, the pipes will get fixed. I suppose it's just what happens in any 28 year old building. They will most likely wind up having to fix all the pipes. If it looks like it's going to be months, I'll just hang a picture over the "window" until they are ready to fix it all. :D

MoeArt said...

Ooooo! Great idea Mel! :::feels and evil glint appear in eye::::

Kathi said...

do ya have your wine yet....that's all I want to know. Preferably a full frakking barrel cause I thinks you gonna be needing it. oy

MoeArt said...

Oh Ipo, it gets worse. See new post. :D

ColsCreations said...

You could hang a dart board over the hole instead, with a pic of Creep and the plumbers on it. Maybe throwing darts at them would make you feel better.
Hmmm. "Creep and the Plumbers". Sounds like a band name.

MoeArt said...

It does, Col. Actually, I wish I would have gone with my first thought which was...Charlie, can you just put a door there???? :)