Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Snowflakes



To recover from beading brain damage, I make clay things. This is fun. I actually know what I'm doing. So, I was messing around with new colors of Pinata Inks I got and decided to make snowflakes. Now, I love the Holidays and am not a last minute person. I always get my gifts as I go along through the year as that way, I can cross a name off my list and I never have huge bills when Christmas is pau. Now, of course, I make my gifts but, in keeping with starting early....tadaaaaahhhh!

You know how every year there is a color combination for trees and you see it all over the place? Remember one year it was bright pink/light pink? Well, I'm going for these colors. :)

Yanno, these cool snow flake cutters I got are great. I love the shapes. These ornaments are really lightweight, too. They'd hang on the tips of branches and not weight them down. Perhaps some stars would be in order, too. :D

6 comments:

ColsCreations said...

Oh, I love these. I think the orange & silver one is my fav of the two. How big are they? Dime? Half-dollar? Paper plate? ;) Are they little ornaments you'd hang dozens of all around the tree, or big ornaments you'd use as a topper or main eye-catcher piece?

Kathi said...

oooo pretty. make a few double and triple deckers Ipo. Do cut outs on the flakes. just a few ideas cause I know you are dain bramaged from beading.

MoeArt said...

Jeez. All these questions! Have mercy on your old AM!

Now I gotta go measure. Don't go away.....Ok, the orange and silver one is 3 1/2 inches from the top of the flake to the bottom of the ornament. I'm not measuring the hanging part. The pink one is about 4 3/4 inches. Yes, you'd hang lots. Least I would. :) Or you could just have a few and intersperse them with your traditional ornaments. I use real silver foil so they'll really catch the sparkle from the Christmas lights. :)

MoeArt said...

Thanks, Ipo! I will do all you say. SUCH a dutiful girl, no? I love the cut out idea! And, as my brain damage is permanent, I'll take all the ideas you toss my way! Mahalo!

Melissa said...

those are cool! I have some cutters like that, that have smaller ones you can use for cut outs...if I ever get back to claying....

Oh, and just randomly, Girl is humming "Jingle Bells" today.

MoeArt said...

Girl is probably looking at my blog while you are out surfing. :D