Thursday, May 24, 2012

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

And so it came to pass that my pal Liz wanted some alcohol inks.  Ok, I have tons and don't use them much so I thinks... Self, be a good person and give Liz some inks.  I dutifully gets them all out then decide, oh, woe is me, to make sure all the tops are on tight.  What an idiot.  The sapphire blue bottle cracks and leaks all over me.  As you can see.
So, I run to the kitchen sink where I manage to get blue ink all over our very expensive Swanstone sink.  Yikes.  I am now terrified it won't come out of the sink and I'll have to go jump off a bridge.  Thank God for Bon Ami.  It worked perfectly on our sink.  My hand?  Not so much.

Then I saw a comment from my clay pal Anke Humpert who reminded me that if I go in public, people will look at me funny which immediately reminded me of a funny thing that happened to me about 25 years ago.  Speaking of blue hands.....

I was on a flight home to Honolulu from San Francisco.  My seat mate was a very nice kind of rough and tumble 60-ish woman who tells me she is a cattle rancher in Montana.  We chat very happily for a few hours.  Then, the meals come and they have given me some dead thing to eat so I offer it to my seat mate as I am a 35 year vegetarian.  She takes it then looks horrified and starts squirming and trying to back herself out the plane window.  I can't figure out what's wrong with her as she ought to be used to dead things on her dinner plate.  While I am trying to think of a nice way to say...WHAT is the matter with you? I decide I'll go shishi and let her eat her dead animal.  When I get into the lavatory I see that the palms of my hands are totally blue from the new blue jeans I bought in SF and didn't wash before I wore them home.

Naturally, these blue palms make me laugh hysterically.  So, I wash the blue off then return to my seat where I show my seat mate my hands and say, "Hey, ???, did you see my hands?  I bought these jeans yesterday and the dye has come off all over my hands."   She heaves this HUGE sigh of relief and stops trying to force herself out the plane window.  Then she says, "Oh, thank God!  I thought you had some weird disease from being a vegetarian!  I was afraid I'd catch it."  Oiks.  :(  I tell her that vegetarianism is not communicable and we spend the rest of the flight in harmony.  Why me?  :D


6 comments:

Sparks of Ember said...

Don't you know the world is full of blue vegetarians? lol

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Oh geez, some people need to open a book once in awhile! lol I can't believe she thought the blue was from a disease and that you got it from being a vegetarian. That is too funny!
I've got a tip for removing alcohol ink... Use rubbing alcohol. Especially the higher 99% stuff. I bought mine at Costco and use it all the time for cleaning my pasta machine, wiping off lint and finger prints from clay and removing inks. Works awesome on Sharpie too!

MoeArt said...

I did not know that, Kat. :) Next time I see one I'll go share their meal. :D

MoeArt said...

It was funny, Cindy. I suppose the only things she read is stuff that has to do with raising cows. :)

I did use my alcohol. It generally works pretty well even though I don't have the 99% one. Between that and shampoo, my hand is almost me-colored again. :D

FloRaeMe said...

At least it is a very pretty blue Moe :) I love that Wicked song btw.

MoeArt said...

Yep, Flo, it is/was pretty. :) And do try this stitch. I once read the same thing you did but they were just mistaken, weren't they. :) I used 6mm, 4mm and 11s but you could use whatever you want. I just made a blue square one and I'd advise against that shape as it was a PITA to make. Looks great, tho! It's on FB. :)